Friday, January 23, 2009

Disappointed

As most of you know, I often come down hard on the liberal tactic of name-calling, smears, personal attacks, foul language and picking on kids, as we saw with attacks on Governor Palin and her children.

But recently I heard a conservative make a similar rotten comment concerning Obama's kids. While it is very rare for any conservative to stoop to that level, some do, and I find it incredibly offensive - not only because kids should be off limits, but because conservatives are supposed to be above that sort of disgusting behavior.

When I told the person how I felt, she (yes, she) said that if liberals could do it to Palin's children, then Obama's children are fair game. I pointed out that two wrongs do not make a right - if it was wrong for liberals to attack kids, then it is just as wrong for a conservative to do the same. By lowering herself to their level, she became that which she hates,

I also made one more point: every time someone does or says something really offensive in the name of their ideology, they chase people AWAY from that ideology. Instead of strengthening her position, she weakens it.

For all who bother to read this, please take note: if you have a point to make, you are well advised to do so with civility, and to leave the young'uns out of the discourse. Otherwise, you risk turning people against the very cause you are trying to put forth.

And you risk something far greater: your self-respect, integrity and self-worth. And if you believe in a greater power...

Meanwhile, I have decided on a new career - I will be supplying these guns to terrorists.

/

No comments:

Post a Comment